With Hurricane Dorian approaching, college football may not be the most important thing on your mind, but the games are still being played. Buy your water, and board up your windows! Don’t get scared get prepared!
Week 1 is usually a snoozer, but here are my picks for this weekend’s slate of top 25 college football games.
- #1 Clemson over Georgia Tech
- #2 Alabama over Duke
- #3 Georgia over Vanderbilt
- #4 Oklahoma over Houston
- #5 Ohio St. over Florida Atlantic
- #6 LSU over Georgia Southern
- #7 Michigan over Middle Tenn
- #9 Notre Dame over Louisville
- #10 Texas over Louisville Tech
- #16 Auburn over #11 Oregon
- #12 Texas A&M over Texas St.
- #13 Washington over East Washington
- #14 Utah over BYU
- #15 Penn State over Idaho
- #17 UCF over FAMU
- #18 Michigan St. over Tulsa
- #19 Wisconsin over USF
- #20 Iowa over Miami (OH)
- #21 Iowa St. over Northern Iowa
- #22 Syracuse over Liberty
- #23 Washington State over New Mexico State
- #24 Nebraska over South Alabama
- Northwestern over #25 Stanford
Upset alert: I think Auburn will show up a little more prepared than the Ducks in Texas this weekend. Also, I can’t sleep on Northwestern at Stanford.
Lock: Always tempted to pick ‘Bama this early on, but the Wolverines won’t get sleepy against Middle Tennessee
Your UCF notes: The bounce house will be jumping and the Knights shouldn’t have a problem with the Rattlers on Thursday night, but keep an eye on the QB situation with Notre Dame transfer, Brandon Wimbush and Freshman Dillon Gabriel.
What about the Gators, Canes, and Noles?: Right here in Orlando, the Gators downed the Canes 24-20 last Saturday night to kick off the season.
The Noles are up against Boise St. in a game relocated from Jacksonville to Tallahassee to avoid Dorian.
I’ll take Boise St. FSU is quite ready to rise yet.